Thursday 3 November 2016

TOGO TO GHANA

Amongst all the amazing meetings there are also the difficult days, the challenges and the heart-breaks. One sees poverty, one sees injustice, one sees decadence and destruction and one tries to hold onto the light and shine through it all.
Togo border was one of those moments. SORRY YOU MAY NOT LEAVE TOGO BECAUSE YOU OVER-STAYED. It turns out that French Embassy gave me 02 days instead of my request for 20 days on a 1 month visa. So 6 days in Togo meant NEW VISA to be acquired PLUS penalty - a huge expense to my limited funds AND holding up a Bus of many good people by two hours. They all smiled at me when I apologised and seemed grateful that I had passed the test and was still on board.
So we got to Accra after 11 p.m. and in the attempt to phone our host to say we had arrived my phone was nicked.  Losing my phone was bad but worse still was losing over 30 interviews - ALL CAREFULLY STORED ON THE PHONE.  I had failed to download them.
Today I was offered a modem for the day and have caught up on much of my internet work.
Tomorrow I will reach Cosmos Centre which I spoke of in one of my first blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment